Parks & Facilities
The Mission of Northville Parks & Recreation is to provide opportunities for the community to enjoy recreational activities using existing resources and to plan strategically for future needs.
Northville Parks & Recreation is a shared service of the City of Northville and the Charter Township of Northville and is overseen by an commission comprised of elected officials from the Township Board, City Council and NHS Representative. Full-time staff members include a director, assistant director, recreation supervisor - programs, recreation supervisor - operations, and additional part-time staff members. The Northville Senior Adult Services Program is also a function of Northville Parks & Recreation. Staffing there includes a full-time coordinator and several part-time support staff members.
Northville Parks & Recreation operates two indoor facilities:
- Recreation Center at Hillside, located at 700 West Baseline, with:
- Two full-sized gymnasiums
- 2 multi-purpose meeting/classrooms
- Fitness room
- The Northville Community Center, located at 303 West Main Street, offers:
- Beautiful banquet room and service pantry
- Cozy living room with fire place
- Numerous multi-purpose meeting rooms
- Gymnasium with bleachers
The Department operates twelve to thirteen community park facilities:
- Ford Field
- Fish Hatchery Park
- Henningsen Park
- Northville Community Park
- Millennium Park
Among the many services offered by Northville Parks and Recreation are:
- Youth classes, camps, activities, and athletics including basketball, lacrosse, and volleyball.
- Adult classes, activities, and athletics including badminton, basketball, softball, table tennis, volleyball, pickleball.
- Senior adult classes, activities, and athletics.
- Special programs such as Trick or Treat Trail, Tunes on Tuesday, Maybury Family Camp Outs and other monthly special events. (Be sure to check our Activities Brochure for the complete listing.)